Terms of Service
Last updated: Nov 29, 2019.
Thank you for using SVGViewer! Please read this Terms of Service agreement carefully before accessing or using SVGViewer.
) and procedures that we may publish from time to time on the Website.
2. The “Service” refers to the applications, software, products, and services provided by SVGViewer.
3. The “Website” refers to SVGViewer’s website located at SVGViewer.com, and all content, services, and products provided by SVGViewer at or through the Website. It also refers to SVGViewer-owned subdomains of SVGViewer.com
4. “The User,” “You,” and “Your” refer to the individual person, company, or organization that has visited or is using the Website or Service; that accesses or uses any part of the account; or that directs the use of the account in the performance of its functions. A User must be at least 13 years of age.
5. “SVGViewer,” “We,” and “Us” refer to SVGViewer.com, as well as our affiliates, directors, subsidiaries, contractors, licensors, officers, agents, and employees.
6. “Content” refers to content featured or displayed through the Website, including without limitation text, data, articles, images, photographs, graphics, software, applications, designs, features, and other materials that are available on the Website or otherwise available through the Service. "Content" also includes Services. “User-Generated Content” is Content, written or otherwise, created or uploaded by our Users. "Your Content" is Content that you create or own.
B. Acceptable Use
1. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
Your use of the Website and Service must not violate any applicable laws, including copyright or trademark laws, export control laws, or other laws in your jurisdiction. You are responsible for making sure that your use of the Service is in compliance with laws and any applicable regulations.2. Content Restrictions
You agree that you will not under any circumstances upload, post, host, or transmit any content that:3. Conduct Restrictions
• is unlawful or promotes unlawful activities;
• is or contains sexually obscene content;
• is libelous, defamatory, or fraudulent;
• is discriminatory or abusive toward any individual or group;
• contains or installs any active malware or exploits, or uses our platform for exploit delivery (such as part of a command and control system); or
• infringes on any proprietary right of any party, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other rights.
While using SVGViewer, you agree that you will not under any circumstances: •
harass, abuse, threaten, or incite violence towards any individual or group, including SVGViewer employees, officers, and agents, or other SVGViewer Users; •
use our servers for any form of excessive automated bulk activity (for example, spamming), or relay any other form of unsolicited advertising or solicitation through our servers, such as get-rich-quick schemes; •
attempt to disrupt or tamper with SVGViewer's servers in ways that could harm our Website or Service, to place undue burden on SVGViewer's servers through automated means, or to access SVGViewer's Service in ways that exceed your authorization; •
impersonate any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives, including through false association with SVGViewer, or by fraudulently misrepresenting your identity or site's purpose; or •
violate the privacy of any third party, such as by posting another person's personal information without consent.4. Services Usage Limits
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without SVGViewer's express written permission.5. Scraping
Scraping refers to extracting data from our Website via an automated process, such as a bot or webcrawler. You may scrape the website for the following reasons: •
Researchers may scrape public, non-personal information from SVGViewer for research purposes, only if any publications resulting from that research are open access. •
Archivists may scrape SVGViewer for public data for archival purposes. •
You may not scrape SVGViewer for spamming purposes, including for the purposes of selling SVGViewer users' personal information, such as to recruiters, headhunters, and job boards.If you scrape our site too aggressively we will block your IP.
Misuse of SVGViewer Users' Personal Information is prohibited.
If we determine your bandwidth usage to be significantly excessive in relation to other SVGViewer customers, we reserve the right to suspend your account or throttle your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.8. User Protection
You agree not to engage in activity that significantly harms our Users. We will resolve disputes in favor of protecting our Users as a whole.
C. User-Generated Content
1. Responsibility for User-Generated Content
You may create or upload User-Generated Content while using the Service. You are solely responsible for the content of, and for any harm resulting from, any User-Generated Content that you post, upload, link to or otherwise make available via the Service, regardless of the form of that Content. We are not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User-Generated Content.
2. SVGViewer May Remove Content
We do not pre-screen User-Generated Content, but we have the right (though not the obligation) to refuse or remove any User-Generated Content that, in our sole discretion, violates any SVGViewer terms or policies.
3. Ownership of Content, Right to Post, and License Grants
You retain ownership of and responsibility for Content you create or own ("Your Content"). If you're posting anything you did not create yourself or do not own the rights to, you agree that you are responsible for any Content you post; that you will only submit Content that you have the right to post; and that you will fully comply with any third party licenses relating to Content you post.
4. License Grant to Us
We need the legal right to do things like host Your Content, publish it, and share it. You grant us and our legal successors the right to store, parse, and display Your Content, and make incidental copies as necessary to render the Website and provide the Service. This includes the right to do things like copy it to our database and make backups; show it to you and other users; parse it into a search index or otherwise analyze it on our servers; share it with other users; and perform it, in case Your Content is something like music or video.
5. License Grant to Other Users
Any User-Generated Content you post publicly may be viewed by others. By setting your SVGs to be viewed publicly, you agree to allow others to view your SVGs.
If you set your SVGs to be viewed publicly, you grant each User of SVGViewer a nonexclusive, worldwide license to use, display, and perform Your Content through the SVGViewer Service and to reproduce Your Content solely on SVGViewer as permitted through SVGViewer's functionality (for example, through cloning).
6. Moral Rights
You retain all moral rights to Your Content that you upload, publish, or submit to any part of the Service, including the rights of integrity and attribution. However, you waive these rights and agree not to assert them against us, to enable us to reasonably exercise the rights granted in Section D.4, but not otherwise.
To the extent this agreement is not enforceable by applicable law, you grant SVGViewer the rights we need to use Your Content without attribution and to make reasonable adaptations of Your Content as necessary to render the Website and provide the Service.
D. Copyright Infringement
If you believe that content on our website violates your copyright, please contact us. There may be legal consequences for sending a false or frivolous takedown notice. Before sending a takedown request, you must consider legal uses such as fair use and licensed uses.
We will terminate the accounts of repeat infringers of this policy.
E. Disclaimer of Warranties
SVGViewer provides the Website and the Service “as is” and “as available,” without warranty of any kind. Without limiting this, we expressly disclaim all warranties, whether express, implied or statutory, regarding the Website and the Service including without limitation any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, security, accuracy and non-infringement.
SVGViewer does not warrant that the Service will meet your requirements; that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; that the information provided through the Service is accurate, reliable or correct; that any defects or errors will be corrected; that the Service will be available at any particular time or location; or that the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components. You assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from your downloading and/or use of files, information, content or other material obtained from the Service.
F. Limitation of Liability
You understand and agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any loss of profits, use, goodwill, or data, or for any incidental, indirect, special, consequential or exemplary damages, however arising, that result from
• the use, disclosure, or display of your User-Generated Content;
• your use or inability to use the Service;
• any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service;
• the Service generally or the software or systems that make the Service available;
• unauthorized access to or alterations of your transmissions or data;
• statements or conduct of any third party on the Service;
• any other user interactions that you input or receive through your use of the Service; or
• any other matter relating to the Service.
Our liability is limited whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damages, and even if a remedy set forth in this Agreement is found to have failed of its essential purpose. We will have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond our reasonable control.
G. Release and Indemnification
If you have a dispute with one or more Users, you agree to release SVGViewer from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
You agree to indemnify us, defend us, and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website and the Service, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement, provided that SVGViewer (1) promptly gives you written notice of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding; (2) gives you sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding (provided that you may not settle any claim, demand, suit or proceeding unless the settlement unconditionally releases SVGViewer of all liability); and (3) provides to you all reasonable assistance, at your expense.
H. Changes to These Terms
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to amend these Terms of Service at any time and will update these Terms of Service in the event of any such amendments. For non-material modifications, your continued use of the Website or the Service constitutes agreement to our revisions of these Terms of Service.
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website or the Service (or any part of them) with or without notice.